Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 1 ...In the beginning

Well, this is it. This is the second day of my "New Lifestyle", (I'm not supposed to call it a diet anymore). I have attempted and failed several times this year but this time around, I am determined. I need to make it work this time.


A little history
My girlfriend had on different occasions, tried to convince me to do the "Dukan Diet" after I had unsuccessfully tried other methods(I think the real reason they never worked was a lack of discipline on my part). I really didn't buy into the idea  as I was convinced that all I needed was exercise but decided to try this after I noticed I had started putting on a lot more weight. 


click below to continue

For the first time in my life, I climbed the scales and realized I had crossed the 100kg mark. I felt bad, sad and knew that I had really let down myself. I needed to do something different and sustainable but not drastic like fasting. The Dukan diet promised to let me eat as much as I would like to but on the premise I would only eat proteins. What! No Eba and okro soup or Jollof rice and fried chicken? Even my beloved Egusi soup? Am not even supposed to eat fruits or veggies during the first phase (attack phase) which according to Dukandiet.com would last for 7 days and am supposed to lose 2.57kg.



Kelechi's Dukan diet schedule






I am going to do this. 
For my girlfriend, for my sister, for my mom and most especially for myself.


A bit about myself
I am 28 years old (will be 29 in December) and I'm 174cm tall. I currently weigh 98kg and that puts my BMI at 32.37
My target BMI is 24 and that means my ideal weight should be around 75kg though the Dukan website says my "true weight" is 78kg.


I started this diet on the 3rd of July 2012. 

Day 1

Morning Weigh-in : 98Kg/215.6lbs

Breakfast
  • 2 scrambled Eggs
  • 1 cup of Green tea
Lunch
  • 2 pieces of boiled skinless chicken seasoned with pepper and garlic
  • 1 cup of Green tea
Dinner
  • Grilled Fish and a piece of boiled Goat meat
Exercise

A 10 minute jog around the house in the morning and a 28 minutes walk back home from the office in the evening

I went shopping today and bought a lot of goat meat and chicken. I had read somewhere that goat meat has less fat than similarly prepared beef or even chicken. 


I also bought some Vitamilk (soyamilk) and some skimmed milk (less than 1.5% fat as claimed on the pack)  forgot to buy some oats (hope quaker oats is same as oat bran). I hope am able to do that tomorrow and incorporate it into my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment